Home Tools

 

Lewis Flight Propulsion Laboratory

The Lewis Flight Propulsion Laboratory in Cleveland, Ohio, is now the John H. Glenn Research Center.

Originally established in 1942 as the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) Aircraft Engine Research Laboratory, the center was renamed the Flight Propulsion Research Laboratory in 1947, the Lewis Flight Propulsion Laboratory in 1948, the NASA Lewis Research Center in 1958, and, on March 1, 1999, the NASA John H. Glenn Research Center at Lewis Field.

References:


 Copyright © 2019 - Jadebox